Create Studio and Toonly both are popular drag and drop style video animation software using which you can create explainer styled videos without knowing coding or graphic designing. Both of these are desktop based software that can be used on both PC and MAC.
But are both of these animation tools created equal? Is one better than the other?
Let’s find out in this Create Studio Vs Toonly showdown.
Let’s begin this Create Studio vs Toonly review by knowing what these software are and what exactly can you create using them.
What Is Create Studio?
Create Studio is a powerful drag and drop video animation software using which you can create many kinds of professional animation videos with ease. We can create explainer videos, promotional videos, teaser videos and more. Here are some videos made with Create Studio.
What Is Toonly?
Toonly is a drag and drop, professional animated explainer video software that is similar to Create Studio. In fact, Toonly entered the market much earlier than Create Studio.
Now let’s quickly look at the important features of each of these software.
Features: Create Studio Vs Toonly
Let’s first look at the features of Create Studio.
Create Studio Features
As mentioned earlier, using Create Studio we can create 2D and 3D animated videos with few clicks of our computer mouse. Here are its salient features.
- It has a completely drag and drop styled timeline editor
- It has an intuitive and easy to use user interface.
- You can create unlimited videos using this tool in any resolution. Even the 4K videos are supported.
- The motion presets panel makes previewing and adding elements to the videos quicker.
- Many animated characters included in the front end purchase of Create Studio
- Can create incredible designs by adding ingredients to shapes and structures.
- Can create custom animations.
- With the green screen editing feature, you can quickly and easily remove the background colour from any video or picture.
- Videos can be created in any shapes or sizes.
- You can animate SVG images using the motion presets.
- This tool has animated Emojis using which you can make your videos fun and engaging.
- Can easily add colours using the eyedropper tool.
Now let’s look at the features Toonly offers.
- 200 total characters which include 10 characters with 20 different poses.
- 20 different background scenes.
- Hundreds of props covering a variety of niches and topics.
- Premade scenes that include background, characters, and props into one complete package, to get you started quickly.
- You can record your voiceovers inside the Toonly software. You can also sync your voiceover to the existing video with the click of a button.
- You have access to 100 royalty-free music tracks.
- The animated videos created using Toonly can be exported in 480p, 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 4K, or even custom resolutions.
At the time of writing this review there was a major difference between these two software when it came to their ability to create animated videos.
While both of these software are capable of creating amazing 2D explainer videos, only one of them supports creation of 3D animated videos. And that software is Create Studio.
Using Create Studio you can create stunning PIXAR quality 3D animated videos. But Toonly lacks this feature. Toonly can create amazing 2D animated videos for you, but not the 3D ones.
Green Screen Editing
Other key feature which Create Studio has and Toonly lacks is the green screen editing feature, a feature which helps you easily remove the background colour from any video or picture.
Text to Speech Feature
Create Studio has a good text to speech feature that allows you to convert any text into voice with few clicks. You can convert your text into male and female voices in many international languages.
At present Create Studio supports Text to Speech in English, Hindi, Arabic, Indonesian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Greek, Finnish, Filipino, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak,Ukrainian, Vietnamese,Bengali, Thai, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Swedish and Turkish.
That’s a long list of supported languages.
At present, Toonly doesn’t support text to speech function. That is a huge feature difference between Create Studio and Toonly.
Whiteboard Animation Feature
Create Studio has recently added the feature that enables you to create a whiteboard animation effect or the doodle effect inside the software. That means you don’t need to use third-party doodle software anymore. Create Studio can do it all.
Toonly doesn’t have the whiteboard animation feature. They do have a dedicated doodle animation software called Doodly which is going to cost you extra.
Custom Character Animation
You can upload your own SVG files inside Create Studio and animate them using custom animation features. As far as we know, Toonly doesn’t have that feature.
Winner: As far the features go, Create Studio is a clear winner in this Create Studio Vs Toonly showdown. Toonly has a lot of catching up to do.
Let’s begin with the plans and pricing for Create Studio.
Create Studio Pricing
Create Studio has two plans.
The standard plan that costs $99/year gives you the following features.
- Access to the Create Studio software with commercial license
- All the features mentioned above
- Access to Doodle creator
- 8x Free 3D Characters
- 20x Free 2D Characters
- 50 Free Templates
All Access Club
The premium plan called the ‘All Access Pass’ costs $299/year that comes with following features.
- Everything in standard CreateStudio plan
- Access to every template and character inside Create Studio
- Access to the complete audio library
- Access to all the new characters and templates released every month.
Create Studio One Time Payment
There is also a one time payment option that gives you lifetime access to the Create Studio standard plan for a one off payment of $67. You don’t have to pay anything else in the future unless you want to upgrade to the All Access Pass.
Check out the Create Studio lifetime membership offer from here.
Toonly currently has two plans that are offered under monthly and yearly billing cycles.
Toonly standard plan costs $39/month if you choose to pay monthly and $20/month if you choose to pay annually. The standard plan has following features.
- 30 characters
- 17 animations
- 716 prop images
- 25 facial expressions
- 79 backgrounds
- 10 pre-made scenes
- 21 scene transitions
- 20 background audios
- 3 text animations
In the standard version, there is no access to the ‘Toonly Club’ that gives you access to new characters and props each month.
Toonly Enterprise Plan
The Enterprise plan costs $69 per month with the monthly subscription and $40 per month with the annual subscription. Here’s what we get with this plan.
- 68 characters
- 30 character animations
- 1783 prop images
- 360 facial expressions
- 147 backgrounds
- 20 premade scenes
- 101 scene transitions
- 142 background audios
- 5 text animations
- Invitation to Toonly Facebook group
- Premium support
- And the access to the TOONLY CLUB.
Toonly One Time Payment
There is also a lifetime membership offer which we have come across on many occasions on social media. Toonly itself runs these promotions where you can get the Toonly Standard software for a one time payment of $67. At present, we couldn’t find any links to that offer.
Winner: This is a TIE. There is not much difference between Create Studio and Toonly when it came to the pricing structure.
Training and Customer Support
Create Studio and Toonly both have top class customer support teams. No problems there. Also you don’t have to spend days searching the net for videos that teach how to use either of these software.
They both have separate training sections that have extensive collection of tutorial videos and written material.
Create Studio is a clear winner in this showdown. There are no second thoughts. It has a ton more features than Toonly and more being added every month.
They keep releasing amazing updates regularly which has got us pleasantly surprised. For the one time payment of $67 Create Studio is a very good deal.
We use it on a constant basis to create amazing animation videos in a variety of niches for our YouTube channels and we are happy to say that the videos created with Create Studio do attract visitors and convert them into buying customers.
You can read our reviews of both these software using the links below.