Doing affiliate marketing with email is an excellent way to reach out to potential customers.
It’s cost-effective, can reach a wide audience, and can be tracked to see who opened your message and clicked on the links you included. However, not all of the emails you send can be effective given the number of emails a person receives each day.
To make sure yours isn’t one of those unread messages in someone’s inbox, follow the guidelines given below to create an effective email strategy that will generate affiliate sales and bring in more money for you!
Let’s get started.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a way of earning a commission by promoting other people’s products or services. It’s done by using links that have special codes that track the sales. These unique URLs are called affiliate links.
Many people are unaware that they can make money by referring people to other people’s websites, products or services.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to earn income by promoting your favourite brands. But it isn’t quick and easy money. You need to create a strategy and work at it if you want to see results.
There are many ways to do affiliate marketing, such as through a blog, social media, etc. but one of the easiest, most effective methods is email marketing.
What Is Email Marketing?
The term “email marketing” is used to describe the process of using email to send marketing messages and offers to customers or prospects.
Emails can be sent manually or through an autoresponder service that sends the targeted email at specified times. Email marketing is best done through an autoresponder system because it saves you time, allowing you to create a simple email sequence that follows up with subscribers each time a new subscriber joins your list.
Other than autoresponders Email marketing can also be done in the form of newsletters, which are generally delivered on a regular basis, usually weekly or monthly.
Emails can also be one-time blasts or broadcasts sent out whenever you have something new to announce.
What is an Email List?
An email list is simply a group of contacts who have opted-in to receive your emails. Meaning, it is a set of people who have agreed to receive email correspondence from you and your company in the future.
It’s created by gathering the contact information of people who are interested in your company or want to be kept up-to-date with your latest offers.
Email marketing lists allow you to effectively reach out to these customers on a regular basis, which is also known as “nurturing” leads.
Building an email list is one of the most important things that you can do to build your affiliate marketing business.
Without a good email list, you won’t have any way of communicating with your customers or prospects. Fortunately, there are many ways to build an email list.
One of the best ways to build an email list as a beginner is to offer something of value in return. This could be a content upgrade, for example, which is an ebook or an article on your website.
You can also offer something like a free course. But make sure that you make it valuable and relevant to your audience.
If you are wondering what to give away as part of your lead magnet or bribe to build your email list, it is best to offer something that will help your target audience.
For example, if I am selling a paid course about “How to Face the Job Interview Confidently every time” on my career related website, I would start building my list of future prospects by giving away a free report titled “3 Things You Should Never Say In An Interview”.
The intent is to give away just enough value in my report to peak the reader’s interest, in hopes that they’ll want to learn more by signing up for my course.
How Email Fits In With Affiliate Marketing?
With affiliate marketing, email marketing has a key role. Email marketing is one of the most effective and easy to use tools for affiliate marketers.
It’s a way to stay in touch with their audience and establish a personal connection with readers. We can say that email marketing is the foundation of any affiliate marketer’s business.
An email is an easy way to build trust with your audience because they’re giving you their email addresses, so they’re letting you know that they’re interested in your offers.
Email provides marketers with an opportunity to build a relationship with their potential buyers and nurture them over time by providing valuable content, offers, and tips that will help them achieve their goals.
Email Marketing simplifies things to the max. With email, you can send out messages that are tailored to your audience without any additional costs or effort. You don’t need to worry about hosting a website or building an app- all you have to do is write an email!
Email marketing has been around since the beginning of the internet, and it’s still going strong today!
Because it reaches people directly in their inbox, where they spend the majority of their time. According to research, more than 3 billion people use email on a daily basis!
Since most people are checking their emails multiple times every day, marketers can get instant access to their customers on a regular basis.
Steps for Creating a Successful Email Campaign for Affiliate Promotions
As mentioned earlier, there are various ways to do affiliate marketing with email. But before you can set up your first campaign, you need to establish the basics first.
Identify your audience
Who is your target market? What is their demographic profile? How much are they earning every year? Do they prefer emails or SMS? Find out how you can create the right email strategy to communicate with your audience.
Build a list by offering something of value
Just like building a website, you want to start by thinking about your why. Why is your business doing this? What value are you offering in exchange for an email address?
For example, if you’re a professional organizer and you want to start an opt-in list of people who want to receive your organizing tips and ideas, you might offer a free ebook that shares some of your best organizing tips.
People signing up for your opt-in list get that ebook in exchange for their email address.
To create a successful opt-in list, you need to create an offer that people perceive as valuable. If your audience doesn’t perceive your offer to be valuable, you’ll have a hard time attracting people to your list.
Your potential customers are also more likely to give you their email address if the benefits are immediate. For example, someone finishing up a workshop you gave might be interested in receiving your slides in an email.
Sign Up for an Email Marketing Service
There are lots of email marketing services available, some free and many paid. Obviously, the paid ones have more features. If you are searching for a good email marketing service as a beginner I would recommend GetResponse.
GetResponse is the email marketing service provider I use.
You can sign up for a free account from here.
They have so many features and tools to help you create your email marketing campaigns, including:
- Mobile responsive templates – The emails look great whether they’re viewed on a mobile phone or desktop computer.
- Drag & drop editor – It’s super easy to use! You can edit text, images, and even video with this tool.
- Email templates – I can’t count the number of awesome email templates they have to choose from. Not only do they look great, but they help you increase your opt-in rates and sales too!
- Social media integration – Create a compelling call-to-action so readers can share your emails with friends on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Subscriber management – Get a better understanding of who your audience is through detailed analytics that reveals their age, location, gender, and more!
- API Access – Integrate GetResponse with other apps you’re using to save time and improve workflow.
- And more
Create a Signup Form (opt-in form)
After you’ve decided what your offer is and signed up for an email service, it’s time to create the actual opt-in form. This is the box that visitors have to click to subscribe to your opt-in list.
The most important thing to remember is to make your opt-in form easy to find. You want to create an obvious call to action so that people know exactly what you want them to do.
There are several ways you can do this. Here are some examples:
- Put a button with text saying “Subscribe” on your website.
- Put a link with the text “Click here to subscribe” at the bottom of your blog posts.
- Make an image that says “Subscribe to my newsletter” or “Sign up” and include it on your website.
- Make sure that your opt-in form is close to the relevant content.
- Once they click on the form, make sure they don’t have to fill out a lot of fieldss and make sure the fields are short, simple, and easy to fill out.
- Pay attention to the colour, font, and style of the opt-in form you use. This will tell people how you want them to perceive your brand.
Create an attractive subject line
You need to grab your readers’ attention before they even open your email. A good headline will make them want to learn more about what you’re offering! Be careful not to be too pushy or use false promises, but leave them wanting to learn more about your brand.
Create list segmentation
If you try to send one email to everyone on your all mailing lists, you could wind up annoying people with offers they aren’t interested in. So before you start promoting anything, it’s best that you take the time to set up separate lists for different groups of contacts. This way, you can send the right message at the right time to the right people.
Use quality images
Graphics are a great way to add visual appeal to your email campaign. When creating an email template, make sure that it looks good on all devices and all screen sizes. Plus, you should make sure that your affiliate links are super easy to spot.
Test, test, and test again
Create a few sample emails and send them out to your friends or co-workers before you launch the email campaign. Also, make sure your template works well across different browsers and devices. Make any necessary changes based on your tests and then re-test again.
How to Write an Email for Affiliate Promotion?
There are several different ways to do affiliate marketing with email, and it’s important to know what they are if you want your message to be heard by others!
1. Promotional content – This is the basic option where you send a straight-to-the-point email that advertises a specific offer or product for sale without engaging in a conversation with your contacts.
2. Personalized content – This is where you send an email that looks like a personal message rather than an ad, and includes the story behind the offer or product and why they will benefit from it too.
You can also provide additional information about the product and make several recommendations to showcase how great it is. The main objective of this type of email is to pique the recipient’s interest and encourage them to take action.
3. Product launch emails – You can also send emails that promote product launches or celebrate milestones, like completing a new training course, launching a new website, etc. This kind of content will help you connect with your audience on an emotional level and prepare them to take action.
4. Event invitations – If you have conferences, webinars, or other live events coming up, you can send them invitations. This kind of email is also an opportunity to promote the benefits of attending your event and increase the chances of getting a positive response.
5. Newsletters – This type of email is similar to Promotional Content, except that it’s sent out on a regular basis, at certain times or dates. You can send newsletters to provide updates about your business, share links to recently published blog posts, and include other valuable content like tips and tricks related to affiliate marketing.
One of the important things to keep in mind while writing affiliate promotional emails is to make them as personal as possible. It’s always better to give the reader a reason to trust you and become interested in your products than just “hard selling” your affiliate offers.
Another thing you should keep in mind is to make it clear whether the email is promotional or not.
Don’t mix up your newsletters with sales emails. Give people enough time to think about what you have to offer before they buy.
This way, you’ll avoid being marked as spam by recipients who are sick of getting affiliate marketing emails every day!
Email is still one of the most powerful tools for affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing with email can be a powerful way to drive sales.
With the right strategy, you can use email campaigns to increase visitors and conversions while also improving customer loyalty by sending them relevant offers based on their interests.
You should do everything possible to make sure your emails are as engaging and interesting as you can make them so subscribers will want to open the message and read it.
Also, make sure that you take enough time to set up your email marketing campaign and test it before sending out tons of messages. Follow these tips, and you’ll be on your way to becoming a successful affiliate marketer using emails!