The photography industry is an ever-evolving one. New trends are always emerging and photographers are always looking for new ways of standing out from the crowd.
It can be hard to come up with blogging topics for photographers. The photography niche is filled with thousands of influencers who are all competing for attention.
As a photographer, you know that there are many ways to keep your blog fresh. You can do quick reviews of gear or post behind the scenes shots from recent shoots.
Every blogger has their own approach to how they create blog post ideas.
Some research the industry, while others use what is happening in their lives as inspiration. So, it can be hard to know where you should start.
That’s why I have created this guide.
If you are looking for more ideas on what to write about, this article is for you! These are some of our favourite blog post ideas for photographers.
Why Blogging Can Be Great for Photographers?
Blogging is a great way for photographers to create and share their work with the world. Blogs provide a platform for them to publish new work and keep it up-to-date with what they’re doing.
It also gives people the opportunity to engage in conversation about their work, which can lead to collaborations or opportunities such as exhibitions or commissions.
Blogging is also a great way for you to get feedback on your photographs from an audience who might not be able to see your work in person, so you can use this feedback when deciding what series of works you want to explore next.
Blogging is an excellent way for photographers to build their personal brand, which will help them find clients, market their work and get the word out about themselves.
Through blogging, you will be able to see what your target demographic likes and what they want from your photography. This information will help you know how to better connect with them through your imagery and content.
What to Write About in Your Photography Blog Posts?
Photography blogs and articles can be about anything and this is what makes photography blogging so flexible.
You can write about your favourite artist, a new camera, a new lens, tips for photographing your pet, tips for photographing children, or any other topic that takes your fancy.
Whether you’ve started a beginner’s photography blog or are a seasoned veteran in the photography field, there are many different things to write about when it comes to photography.
For beginners, you can use your blog as a way to keep track of your journey from point A to point B with your photos.
Experienced photographers can use their blog posts as an opportunity to teach others how they take pictures and how they edit them. Some people might even write about what gear they use and the processes behind editing their pictures.
Another idea is to share pictures and moments of their life that inspired them through their lens. There are so many ways you can go about using your blog – the possibilities are endless!
There are some general topics that they may choose to write about such as:
- Their process as a photographer
- Their favourite projects
- Their recent work
- Why do they love what they do
- How they got started as a photographer
- What inspires them as a photographer
- How to take good photos
- Best camera for beginners
- Best lenses for beginners
- How to take better pictures
- Tips on buying a new camera or lens
- How to be a professional photographer
- How they edit their photos using Lightroom presets, Photoshop, Snapseed etc.
- Tutorials on how to achieve certain effects in your photography with tutorials on what apps/software you
What Should You Write about if You’re Just Starting Out?
If you’re just coming up with ideas of what to write about and don’t have much photography experience, then sticking to some simple blog post ideas should be your priority.
One option is to write about what inspired you to begin pursuing photography.
This can help set the tone for future posts and give readers an idea of who you are through your writing and pictures, which will help build a community around you and your blog.
We use this tool to generate unique blog post ideas, write SEO optimized content, video scripts, emails, and even books. Click here to know more.
Another great tip is to post about products that you love, whether it be a camera on your wish list or photo editing app that you use daily since people like to see what makes professional bloggers tick.
Another great way to get started with photography blogging is to interview other photographers; this will help you understand how they work and can expand your network by introducing you to new artists.
How to Generate New Ideas & Topics For Your Blog Without Stressing Out
There are a few ways to get new ideas for your photography blog. One of the best ways is to simply conduct research.
This way, you get to learn more about the topic you are writing about and also discover new sources of information or other bloggers who have started a conversation on the same topic.
One alternative way is to brainstorm with friends and colleagues – this can be done in person or through social media groups.
Another option is to keep a journal of ideas that pop into your head throughout the day, then come back to it when you need inspiration for a blog post.
Here are some photography blog post ideas for you to get started.
Idea 1: Write about your favourite photographer
Write about a photographer that has inspired you and why; this can help give ideas of what you want to do with your own photography and show people the kind of work you like. This might also inspire others to check out this artist’s portfolio and discover something new they may not know about.
Idea 2: Write about your work
One way to get better at writing about yourself is by writing about your work. This can be an excellent way for you to practice being more descriptive with your photography and help you grow as a writer. You could write about what inspired you to take the photograph or how the photo came to fruition.
Idea 3: Write about the business side of photography
If you’re a beginner, this can be a great way to showcase your knowledge about your art form. You could write about how photographers earn money or what they might need for their photography business. This sort of post is helpful if you are just starting out because it will show potential clients that you know how to start a business and are prepared for their patronage.
Idea 4: Write about the gear you use
If you have some interesting or unusual gear that your readers might be interested in, then write about it on your blog! People love to see the kinds of cameras, lenses, tripods, photo editing apps, etc., that photographers use to take their photos. This is a great way to build credibility with your followers by connecting them with the materials that help you produce your work.
Idea 5: Write about photography-related tutorials or post pictures
Whether it’s something related to lighting or editing, this can be a fun and educational way to spend your blog time. You could also write about photo-related apps and show your followers how they can use them.
Idea 6: Write about your experiences at events
If you are a blogger who loves to attend and blog about different conventions or workshops, then write about it!
This is another great way to help your readers get to know you and connect with other artists. You could talk about vendors that were there and what kind of photography-related items they had to offer, as well as share your favourite pieces or what you learned while there.
One of the best ways to generate blog post ideas for photographers is to conduct research either online or offline, this will lead you towards events, new artists and so much more which could turn into a great article idea.
How to Identify What Makes a Great Blog Post Idea For Photographers And How To Actually Write It
While the idea of ‘the perfect blog post’ is different for everyone, there are many common traits that make a blog post great for photographers.
Here are some of the traits that make a great blog post:
- It features valuable information. This might be how to execute certain techniques, give tips on something that is popular in photography or how to find inspiration.
- It features valuable insights into the world of photography. This could be anything from the latest innovations in camera technology to tutorials about how to style your shoot.
- It contains original photography work with accompanying text. The best kind of photography blog post includes both content and photography so they go hand in hand and help promote each other.
- It is well written and easy to understand – even for beginners
4 Essential Elements of an Effective Photography Blog Post That Aren’t Just Pictures
With beautifully presented photos, a well-written blog post will always be an effective form of marketing. The average attention span for people is only 8 seconds and so the pictures need to be engaging and aesthetically pleasing.
One of the most common mistakes that bloggers make when it comes to photography is not taking the time to plan their shots properly. It’s essential for bloggers to take into account the lighting, composition, and focus of their shots before they snap them.
If you’re looking to create a successful photography blog post then these are some essential elements that you should include in your posts:
A captivating introduction with strong visuals
A captivating introduction with strong visuals is often the key to catching someone’s attention. We go through a lot of information every day, so it’s important to create an introduction that stands out.
Be sure to include relevant keywords in the introduction so people can find your article easily. It’s also advisable to include links to resources related to the topic, so people can find more information quickly and easily.
Informative content with captions
Informative content with captions is one of the Essential Elements of an Effective Photography Blog Post. Captions are important to provide context and meaning to the visual content.
The first step to developing a caption is identifying what you want it to do for the viewer.
Do you want them to feel the emotions that you felt while taking the photo? Do you want them to feel what it was like when you were in that moment? Or do you merely want them to understand where or when it was taken, or what is in the photo?
Captions are an essential part of photography blog posts because without them, your viewers may not know why they should be looking at your photo. They might not even notice it!
Captions provide context and meaning for your images and can help strengthen the emotional connection to the content.
Enough detail without overdoing it
One of the most important elements of a good photography blog post is the level of detail. However, this does not mean that you need to go into excruciating detail and overdo it.
An important thing to think about is your audience. What level of knowledge do they have? How much do they want to know? These are all things to consider before diving into your review or analysis. If someone is viewing your post for general knowledge or as a resource, then you will want to include more detail than if they are judging it for a contest or other reasons.
An interesting conclusion
A conclusion is the last paragraph of a post. It is meant to summarize the main points of the post, leaving readers with a clear understanding of what they just read.
When someone starts reading your blog post, it is important to have a strong ending to keep them engaged and wanting more. A good conclusion will also tie the beginning and the end together so that it has continuity.
The conclusion should be short and to the point with advanced knowledge of contrasting ideas. It should also be something that leaves readers with a sense of satisfaction and inspires them to take action.
Make sure it also provides an opportunity for you to reiterate your most important message to readers. And, if you are feeling ambitious, offer some additional insight for discussion.
Top Photography Blog Post Ideas
The following blog post ideas are intended to help photographers share their journey with their audience through the medium of blogging.
General Photography Blog Post Ideas
- The importance of capturing the beauty
- Photography as a hobby
- Lenses for beginners
- Equipment for beginners
- Tips on how to frame your shot
- Lighting tips for landscape photographers
- Focusing on lightroom for manipulation of images
- The Photographer’s Guide to Blogging: A Step-by-Step Blueprint for Making Your Mark Online
- How to Find Your Voice as a Photographer: Taking Your Photography Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- 10 Creative Ways You Can Use Your Photos on Social Media
- How To Make Money From Blogging: 5 Tips For Starting a Successful Photography Blog
- How to take better photos in low light
- 5 tips for better self-portraits
- What camera should I buy? Tips for making the right decision
- 5 ways to improve composition in your photos
- How to take better photos on a smartphone
- 10 tricks for getting the perfect shot
- How to sell your photos: A blog post for beginner photographers
- How to take a better landscape photo
- Best camera for travel photography
- How to get more traffic on your blog with photography
- Tips for a better Instagram feed that grows your audience
- The Art of Editing Images: The Complete Guide
- 5 Tips For Capturing Your Best Shots During Magical Moments With Family And Friends
- Planning the Perfect Surprise Proposal Shoot
- Tips for getting the best urban landscape shots
- How to take better photos of waterfalls
- 10 photography apps every photographer should have
- Photography Tips for Creative Weddings With Stunning Wedding Photos
- 5 Tips on how to improve your pet photography
- How to Take Stunning Photos of the night sky
- Tips for better lightning photos
- The Art of Capturing Portraits That Resonate With Your Audience
- 10 tips on getting the best out of an Instagram photo
- How to set up a pro lighting studio in your home or garage
- Getting the best out of an iPhone camera
- Photojournalism: 10 Instagram accounts to follow for inspiration
- Top 5 tips on getting better shots at live events
- Tips for creating a photo series that tells a story.
- How to capture better photos of your kids
- Camera settings for the perfect picture every time
- The importance of light in photography
- Top 10 tips on mastering your smartphone’s camera
- Best Lenses For Portrait Photography Under $
Blog Post Ideas for Wedding Photographers
Wedding photographers are artists. A wedding day is a once in a lifetime experience, and as such, it is important that they capture the moments as true as possible.
Here are some good blog post ideas for wedding photographers:
- 10 Wedding Photography Hacks
- Wedding Photography Tips for a Perfect Day
- 5 Ways to Take Exciting Photos at a Wedding Reception
- 6 Unique Tips for Capturing Wedding Details
- How to Take Creative Photos of the Bride Getting Ready
- Top 10 tips for getting natural bridal portraits
- How to make your first wedding photography sale online
- The importance of consistency in the social media age to a wedding photographer
- How to Capture Creative Wedding Portraits with Candid Moments
- How to take creative photos using available light
- 5 Ways To Improve Your Wedding Photography Business
- 8 steps to build a strong online portfolio of wedding photos
- How to make your wedding photography sparkle for bookings
- Top Tips To Keep Your Brides Happy, Even When They are Stressful
Compelling Ideas for Commercial Photography Blog Posts
Commercial photography is a thriving industry. There are many different avenues for photographers to get into the business, from stock photography to event photography. Here are a few compelling ideas for commercial photography blog posts.
- Get Clients with these 10 Strategies
- How to Shoot a Fashion Ad
- Checklist: What to Pack for a Photoshoot
- Tips on Buying Commercial Photography Equipment
- Answering Common Questions about Photography
- 5 Ways to Take Better Product Shots
- 3 steps to creating a successful photography business plan
- 10 Tips on Pricing Commercial Photography Work
- Creative Ideas for Photo Shoots That Will Boost Your Portfolio
- Creative Spaces: 10 Places To Shoot Creative Photos in Your City
- The Art Of Capturing Soulful Lifestyle Photography For Brands and Publications
Blog Post Ideas for Landscape Photographers
It’s no secret that landscape photography is an increasingly popular hobby. With the advent of digital cameras, the amateur photographer has never had it so good.
Landscape photographers are now spoilt for choice when it comes to equipment, thanks to the many brands and styles on offer.
They also have a wealth of knowledge available to them thanks to the internet – tutorials, blogs, forums, and more. The one thing that might be missing is an inspiration!
Here are some blog post ideas for landscape photographers who feel stuck in a rut.
- What makes a great landscape photo?
- Top 10 Tips for Landscape Photography
- Tips for Designing an Outdoor Landscape Photography Shoot
- Landscape Photography Inspiration
- How to Make the Most of Your Landscape Photos
- Landscape Photography Gear Guide
- Your Favorite Landscapes Around The World
- Creative ideas for capturing the best landscape photos
- Your Essential Guide To Digital Photography
Family Photography Blog Post Ideas
When it comes to family photographs and what people like the most, they like to see their loved ones- children, parents, grandparents- grow up with time.
Another common theme with family photographs is “family traditions.” These often show different generations of a family participating in rituals or activities together.
We all love to look back at old photos and reminisce about our memories. The best way to look back at these memories is by creating our own picture blog post. It helps us share with others all of the happy moments that we’ve had in life and all of the precious moments that we want to cherish forever.
A blog post is a great way for family photographers to share their work and attract new clients.
Here are some blog post ideas for family photographers. These are ideas that you can use for your own blog or to generate content for your clients.
- How to Choose the Best Camera Gear for Family Photographers
- The Beginner’s Guide to Using Your DSLR Camera for Portraits
- Creative Ways to Create Reflective Surfaces in Your Photos
- The Role of Location, Location, Location in Documenting a Family’s Journey
- How Important Is the Editing Process?
- Why You Should Consider Printing Your Photos
- Little Known Tricks That Can Improve Your Family Pictures Instantly
- Teach your readers how to take great pictures of their kids
- Spend some time talking about family traditions and how they have changed over the years
- Write about how being a parent has changed over the years
- Write about the changes in family dynamics today
- Top Tips for Lifestyle Family Portrait Photography
- Why You Need To Capture Family Portraits
- How To Get Good Shots In Bad Light For Family Photography
- 5 Poses That Will Make Your Subject Look Skinnier In Pictures
- 5 Secrets to Getting the Perfect Pose for Headshots
- How to get striking photos of your family and friends to make their jaws drop!
- The Photographers “Most Wanted” Poses
- Tips to Take Better Photos of Men
- Do’s and Don’ts for Photographing Senior Citizens
Blog Post Ideas for Maternity Photographers
Maternity photography is a niche of photography that has been gaining popularity in recent years. Here are some blog post ideas for maternity photographers.
- The most common type of shoots
- Posing ideas for pregnant women
- Common mistakes photographers make while shooting
- Ideas for pregnant couples
- Subject matter in maternity photography
- The art of capturing pregnancy memories
- Maternity photoshoots outdoors
- Most creative outdoor photoshoots for maternity portraits
- The best time to shoot a maternity photo session
- Tips for photographing pregnant women in colder climates
- What to wear on your “big day”
Blog Post Ideas for Sports Photography
Sports photography is one of the most exciting hobbies and professions out there. It requires skill and passion for photography and a deep understanding of sports and athletes.
The following list of blog post ideas will inspire you to capture the best images possible:
- What is it like to be a sports photographer?
- Top tips for photographing different sports
- 10 Tips on How to Improve Your Sports Photography Workflow
- The best shots from around the world at the Olympics
- The top 10 sporting moments of this year
- What does it feel like to shoot an athlete?
- What is my favourite game/sport to shoot?
- Top 10 Tips for Better Sports Photography
- What’s my favourite thing about shooting sports photography?
- Shooting Sports at Night
- Tips and Ideas for Photographing Soccer
Conclusion: Creating Your Own Posts for the Photography Blog Isn’t As Hard As You Think If You Follow These Tips
With these blog post ideas in mind, you should be able to generate new content for your photography blog without stressing out.
Remember that it’s not about quantity – quality is always better!
The main takeaway from this article is that you must be patient and persistent when it comes to your photography blog. You can’t expect to cultivate a large following overnight, but with time and dedication, you will experience success as a photographer.
Nowadays, there are many tactics one can use to make their blog stand out from the crowd. One tactic that we recommend is creating posts that are unique and original.
Another is to create posts on topics that haven’t been talked about before or at least not as much as other topics.
This will allow your blog’s content to stand out among others and attract readers who don’t usually read blogs on those subjects.
Always write from the heart and use imagery to convey emotion rather than just descriptions of what happened during an event.
And most importantly?
Be authentic- don’t try too hard to emulate someone else’s style…
As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need help with anything at all!