Are you looking for the best travel blog post ideas to make your next blog post stand out? Have you struggled with writing a travel article because you’re not sure what to write about?
This article has got you covered.
If you’re a travel blogger, you know that people come to your blog for inspiration. You need to be able to provide them with something that will make them want to continue reading and coming back for more of your content.
But as a travel blogger, you also know that the best blog post ideas are hard to come by.
What is your next travel blog post idea?
This question may seem simple, but the answer can be surprisingly difficult. Travel blogging is a tricky business and sometimes it’s hard to know where to start.
Lucky for you, we’ve compiled the top list of what makes for great travel content! I am sure you are going to find this helpful.
What Makes a Great Travel Blog Post? A Checklist for Successful Content Creation & Marketing
A successful travel blog needs more than just a pretty face. It is about an interesting story. It’s about what you’re saying and how you’re saying it.
What do your potential readers want to learn from your travel blog posts? What are their biggest frustrations when they can’t find the information they need? And, of course, how are their lives going to improve as a result of your advice?
If you can answer these questions, then your job as a travel blogger is going to become a lot easier.
Top Tips for Writing a Kick-Ass Travel Blog Post
I know what you’re thinking: “Writing great content all the time is so hard! Why do I have to be such an amazing writer?” Relax. You don’t have to be the next Hemingway or Hunter S. Thompson, just take these tips into consideration and try your best.
When writing a blog post it’s easy to get caught up in all the little details that are important but easily forgettable. Don’t miss out on what motivates people; emotion.
Sure, it’s fine to be informative, but you can make your writing come alive with a few well-placed adjectives or a personal anecdote. Just don’t get too carried away.
2. Make the Most of Your Introductions
Don’t just slap on a generic intro and move on with your post. Give people a reason to keep reading. What can you say that they haven’t already heard?
By your second paragraph, people should be hooked and wondering what’s next. You might also want to consider writing an attention-grabbing headline, like this one for example: Are You Really Saving Money on Your Next Vacation?
We use this tool to generate unique blog post ideas, write SEO optimized content, video scripts, emails, and even books. Click here to know more.
3. Make it Informative
People go to the Internet for answers and inspiration, not flowery words and glittering generalizations. If you want to be the first person they think of when planning a holiday, then give them what they need.
4. Don’t Be Afraid of the “F” Word
No, not that F word. We’re talking about failure. It’s important to include a few failures in your post if you want people to realize that even the pros still struggle with their own personal hiccups.
5. Turn your Travel Tips into a Series
If you want people to keep coming back, then make it worth their while by turning some of your best travel tips into a series. Just try not to make things too long. If you can’t think of anything else to talk about, then come up with something new instead of stretching the same content out over six posts.
6. Be Personal
People will only read your travel blog if they feel connected to you. So, give them a peek into your life and what makes you tick just like Matthew Kepnes did here.
7. Involve People in the Conversation by Asking Questions
Most writers are pretty bad at asking questions because they want to finish their articles quickly and move on to the next one. It’s a missed opportunity that should never happen! Questions encourage people to comment and get involved in the conversation.
8. Make it Balanced
There are always going to be things you want to talk about, but that doesn’t mean every post should only focus on those things. Make sure everyone from casual to diehard fans of your travel blog will enjoy it by filling the post with a balance of information and entertainment.
Examples of Every Kind of Travelers’ Perfect Blog Posts
Examples of Every Kind of Travelers’ Perfect Blog Posts
We all know that blogging is a very good way to attract and retain customers. However, the problem is that it seems to be a bit difficult to come up with new articles for visitors. What should you do?
This section will give you some ideas for blog posts. All of them are about different types of travellers and how they plan their trips. If you are planning on writing blog posts about travel, these lists might be helpful.
- Planning an Adventure-Focused Trip:
- Planning a Solo Trip:
- Planning a Vacation with Friends:
- Couple’s Travel:
- Packing Tips:
- Traveling with Kids:
- Tips for First-Time Eastern European Travelers:
- Exploring China in Five Easy Steps:
- Best Tips for Your First Visit to Thailand:
- Why You Should Include Cambodia in Your Southeast Asia Trip :
- 5 Ways to Be Prepared When You’re Planning a Trip to Ethiopia.
- Travel Tips for Visiting Australia’s Largest City :
- 4 Things to Know About Visiting Australia During the Winter Months:
- 10 of Iceland’s Most Beautiful Waterfalls You Should See.
- 10 Common Errors Made by First-Time Iceland Visitors.
- How to See the Northern Lights in Reykjavik:
- Planning an Adventurous Trip To Vietnam :
- Top 4 Things to Do in Nha Trang, Vietnam :
- The Best Excursions in Da Nang.
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Visit Croatia in May.
- Travel Tips for Visiting Brazil.
- The Best Time to Visit Brazil.
- Why You Should Go to Bulgaria :
- 5 Things to Know About Visiting Bulgaria in Forest Hill Resort & Spa .
- What to See and Do On Your First Trip To Romania :
- 20 Photos of Romania That Will Blow You Away.
- Best Things To Do In Bulgaria For Families :
- 8 Ways to Be Prepared When Traveling to Romania :
- 8 Places to Visit in Germany.
- Italy’s Most Beautiful Cities.
- The 12 Top Hot Spots in Spain You Must Visit :
- Spain’s 10 Most Stunning Castles.
- 5 Things to Know Before Visiting Portugal.
- Things To Do In Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Best Things To Do In Madrid :
- A Guidebook to 5 of the Top Christmas Markets in Europe
Each one is an excellent example that can be used as a template for your travel blog posts.
These are just a few examples out of many that can help you to become better at what you do! All that is left for you to do is utilize them, and then start your own blog post series about travels.
Topics to Write About for Your Next Travel Blog Post
It is always a good idea to have a blog post ready for when you are travelling to give your readers some insights into the place you are visiting.
It is also important to have blog posts ready before you go so that you can post about it as soon as possible.
Here are blog topics that are likely to do well on travel blogs:
- Top 10 Places You Should Visit in
- Tips for When You Are Travelling
- What I Wish I Knew Before My Trip To
- Top 10 Things To Pack for
- The Best Instagram Accounts For Travellers
- How to Get The Most Out Of Your Trip To
- What I Learned From Visiting
- What You Can’t Miss On Your Trip to
- Money-Saving Tips For Travellers
- How To Pack For A Trip Abroad
- How To Make Friends As An Expat Traveller
- How To Survive Your First Trip Abroad
- A Day In The Life Of An Expat Traveller in
- Travel Tips Based on Personal Experience
- How To Safely Stay Connected While Travelling
- What Not To Do When You Are Sightseeing
- How To Stay In Touch With Your Friends And Family While Travelling
- Ideas For Things To Do When You Are Stuck In A Destination
- How To Save Money On Your Next Trip
- Favourite Spots From My Trip Abroad
- The Most Underrated Attractions In
Getting in touch with your past experiences and memories can be a great source of inspiration for blog posts. Also, if you have travelled to a place before, then compare it with the most recent trip you took there.
This will help you get your creative juices flowing.
Another great topic is to write about the things that people should bring when they are travelling or heading on a vacation outside of the country.
If you have travelled before, then it would be nice to share some travel tips for readers who want to visit the place you went to. This includes advice on where to stay, what attractions they should see, the best restaurants to eat at and so on.
When it comes to travel bloggers, successful blog posts are typically those who are able to inspire rather than inform. People are more likely to read your blog if you can provide them with an experience rather than simply list down random information about a destination.
When you are planning to travel, it is important that you do your research and know what is worth seeing. If your reader knows about a destination beforehand, they would be more likely to trust your opinion on the place when you say that the place was not worth visiting.
Writing an article based on your holiday can help generate traffic to your travel blog and increase engagement.
Show off your photos in an aesthetically pleasing way on Instagram so that people are more likely to click through to the blog post.
Also, if you have hashtags related to travel or photography, then use them on Instagram so that you can reach out to a wider audience.
Here Are Some More Travel Blog Post Ideas
- The airport
- Travel attire
- Checking in
- Boarding the plane
- The pilot and crew
- Flying etiquette (what you should do and what you should not do)
- In-flight entertainment (Pilots often tell passengers about the films available)
- Food on board (what is served and how it is served)
- Safety and security on board (what to expect if there is a bomb scare or there is a medical emergency)
- Arriving at your destination
- Currency (how to get the best deal when exchanging your currency)
- Car hire (what you need to bring with you and what to expect during the hiring process)
- Travel insurance (why it is important, what benefits are included, how much it will cost)
- Maps (how they work and which ones are best to use)
- Food (where to get the best deals, what you should avoid, foreign specialties that are fun to try)
- Foreign languages (what to say if you don’t speak the language and how to plan ahead for language barriers)
- Taxis (how much it should cost, where they are available and what to do if they don’t show up)
- Online translation apps (which ones are the best and how to use them)
- Checking into your hotel (what you should bring with you, where to sign in and how much it might cost)
- What to say when checking out of a hotel
- Laundry (how to do it yourself cheaply, where the best places are and how to spot a good deal)
- Beaches (what you need to know before you go, what to wear and not wear, common dangers)
- Shopping (how to haggle for better prices and how much things should cost)24. Where to find the best deals
- How much money you should take with you and how not to get ripped off while travelling
- What gear you need, where to buy it cheaply and what items are a waste of time and money
- The local cuisine (what to look out for when eating out)
- Sun safety (what to use and what not to use)
- How to avoid the most common travel scams
- Where is a good place to party?
- Basic first aid for foreign countries
- What you should do if your passport gets stolen
- The local people
- Local customs
- Sunburn remedies
- First aid kit
- The local celebrities (famous people hailing from that country or city)
- Weather (best times to go, what to pack and what not to pack)
- Money saving tips for your destination
- How to make the most of your experience abroad (how not to waste time while on vacation)
- What you should know about the political situation in that country
- Where you should be careful
- The best travel tips for a certain destination
- Is it better to travel alone or with friends?
- How to get from one place to the next cheaply and efficiently
- Things to pack for a trip
- How often your kids should see the doctor while abroad
- The best browser apps to use when travelling
- Great places to visit in the world (the most beautiful countries in the world, where you should go)
If you want to become a travel blogger, or if you’re already blogging about your experiences and looking for new topics to write about, we hope these tips have given you some inspiration.
It’s not hard to find ideas – just look around!
You can also use the list of these travel blog post ideas as a starting point for brainstorming your own content.
Have fun with it!
Hopefully, this article has given you plenty of food for thought when it comes to writing an awesome travel blog post. We wish all our readers’ safe travels and happy adventures in their future journeys through life.
Cheers from SmartWebpreneur Team 🙂